Yes, I know this is a speech therapy blog.
Yes, I know this is not a food blog.
But I consider this to be a life blog. A blog that bridges the gap between the speech therapist’s office and the home.
And that home requires dinner.
So today I have an easy non-recipe (because that’s how simple it is!) that will have dinner on the table in 10 minutes start to finish.
I can’t even get to Chik-Fil-A and back in 10 minutes.
For these Margherita Pizzas, you’ll need:
- french bread, sliced
- pizza sauce (canned, homemade, doesn’t matter)- I used an 8oz can of tomato sauce with italian seasonings added
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh slices of tomato
- fresh basil (but really dried basil or even italian seasonings will work)
- parmesan cheese and olive oil
- Turn your oven to the high broiler setting.
- Place your french bread on a greased baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on the bread.
- Put sauce and cheese on the french bread.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, place your fresh tomatoes and basil (or other herbs) on the pizza.
- Broil once more for 2-3 minutes until the tomato skin starts to look Trgrilled.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
That’s it, guys. There’s nothing else to do but plate and serve. Maybe make a green salad to go with it (and by “make” I mean shake some out of a bag and put dressing on it).
So the next time you’re in a pinch, don’t run through the drive-thru! Trust me, this is even faster and you get a totally homemade dinner!
What are your go-to fast dinner ideas?